Behaviour and Discipline Policy
Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form is a mainstream comprehensive school. The Governing Body believes that high standards of student behaviour and good discipline support the aims of the school, safeguard the rights of students and are an essential pre-requisite for effective teaching and learning.
It seeks to create an inclusive, caring learning environment in the school by:
- promoting desired behaviour and discipline
- promoting self-esteem, self-discipline, proper regard for authority and positive relationships based on mutual respect
- ensuring equality and fairness of treatment for all
- encouraging consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- promoting early intervention
- providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any forms of harassment
- encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach which involves them in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedures
- promoting a culture of praise and encouragement in which all students can achieve
To download a full copy of the policy click the link below.