Privacy Notice for Parents/Carers
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the school uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair processing notices’) to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about pupils.
We, North Essex Multi Academy Trust are the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of data protection law.
Our data protection officer is Tania Dynowska
The personal data we hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about pupils includes, but is not restricted to:
- Contact details, contact preferences, date of birth, identification documents
- Results of internal assessments and externally set tests
- Pupil and curricular records
- Characteristics, such as ethnic background, eligibility for free school meals, or special educational needs
- Exclusion information
- Details of any medical conditions, including physical and mental health
- Attendance information
- Safeguarding information
- Details of any support received, including care packages, plans and support providers
- CCTV images captured in school
We may also hold data about pupils that we have received from other organisations, including other schools, local authorities and the Department for Education.