Computing Curriculum Overview 2019-20
Year 9 students will
- Learn how to use one note, the tool through which the curriculum is delivered.
- Use graphic programming tools to develop their understanding of variables and block code
- Develop their understanding of how block code become lines of code through an introduction to Python.
- Learn how computers use binary
- Learn computational thinking
- Enhance their programming skills by using some complex commands of the language Python
- Be introduced to the concept of pseudo code
Year 10 and 11 Computer Science GCSE
Students may study computer science as an option in Years 10 and 11.
Students will study the principles of computer science and the application of computational thinking.
During the course students will study
- Computational thinking;
- Problem solving & coding
- Hardware and software principles
- Applied computing
- Data representation
- Data storage and the internet
- Network security
- The Bigger picture of computer science