Mid Essex Initial Teacher Training (MEITT)
Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training has been providing highly skilled teachers for local secondary schools for 25 years. Working out of its lead school, Notley High School & Braintree Sixth Form, Mid‑Essex ITT works closely with 20 schools across the county including in Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rochford and Thundersley. In October 2017, Mid Essex ITT was inspected by Ofsted and awarded the coveted 'outstanding' status in all categories, including leadership, quality of training and outcomes.
Mid Essex ITT offers a variety of different routes into teacher training:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), accredited by the University of Greenwich
- SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training)
- School Direct (fee-paying)
- School Direct (salaried)
- Graduate Apprenticeships in teacher training
- Assessment Only
We also offer:
- Funded internships in Mathematics (June/July)
- Funded internships in Physics (June/July)
- School experience placements in other subjects
To find out more, visit the website or contact:
Our offices are open Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. We will always endeavour to answer your queries and guide you through the teacher training process.