- Numeracy will be an enabler, not a block to access the wider curriculum.
- Developing, maintaining and improving standards in numeracy and mathematical skills across the school.
- Ensuring consistency of practice, including methods, vocabulary, notation etc.
- Finding areas for collaboration between subjects.
- Assisting the transfer of students’ knowledge, skills and understanding between subjects.
- Ensuring that all teachers are teachers of numeracy.
Teachers will use every relevant subject to develop students’ mathematical fluency. Confidence in numeracy and other mathematical skills is a precondition of success across the national curriculum.