School Improvement Plan Key Priorities
Summary of School Improvement Plan Key Priorities 2019-20
Quality of Education
Ensure an appropriate, broad, balanced, and coherently structured & sequenced curriculum, which:
- systematically revisits and builds on prior knowledge;
- ensures all students make excellent progress, regardless of starting points or barriers to learning;
- prioritises reading, vocabulary acquisition & cultural capital;
- equips students with the resilience and independence to assume responsibility for their learning;
- provides extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities to extend personal development;
- represents and responds to the local context.
Promote and enable higher order thinking in lessons to ensure challenge for all.
Develop flipped learning to encourage and create opportunities for independent learning.
Strengthen links with feeder primaries in foundation subjects
Behaviour & Attitudes
Develop and promote a values-based behaviours and rewards approach
Evaluate & improve the cultural curriculum.
Embed & further develop Resilience across the curriculum.
Promote student wellbeing and mental health.
Provide meaningful extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities.
Leadership & Management
Develop the role of Head of Faculty and TLR holders in internal subject review/evaluation process.
Develop pastoral middle leaders to drive improvement in students’ attitudes to learning leading to improved outcomes.